Podcast Guest LinkedIn Expert
It might sound crazy but I am passionate about LinkedIn. I’m the author of LinkedIn Profile Optimization For Dummies as well as a bunch of other books on LinkedIn. I am the pioneer of LinkedIn Profile Optimization and founded the very first LinkedIn profile writing service back in 2009. My company, Vision Board Media works with executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals from all over the world. Back in 2009, it was just me; we now have over 40 writers.
➡ Over the past couple years, I’ve appeared on a number of podcasts and I absolutely enjoyed the experience. I’d love the chance to do more podcasts and welcome any opportunities.
Built in Audience
I am active on both LinkedIn and Twitter with an extensive network on each. I am always happy to market your podcast to my network. Typically I begin marketing a week out and will send out 1 or 2 tweets per day leading up to the podcast. Once the podcast is live, I’ll tweet about it several times a day for a week or two and will continue to tweet out links occassionally for the long term.
- LinkedIn Followers: 29,842
- Twitter Followers: 45.6K
Listing of Past Podcast Interviews
I’ve done a slew of podcast interviews! I love talking about LinkedIn, a subject that I am absolutely passionate about. There is no question that can throw me– I’ve heard and answered them all. And I never hold back information. I’ve been told many times that a short interview with me provides a better overview of LinkedIn than e-courses that cost hundreds of dollars. Your listeners will benefit from my knowledge and they’ll find themselves entertained as well.
Industry Careers For PhDs
Podcast featuring Donna Serdula, LinkedIn Expert
The Focus Group with Tim Bennett and John Nash
LinkedIn expert Donna Serdula shows you how to tune-up your LinkedIn Profile
Tom Curran Show
Tom Curran with Donna Serdula, Learn all about LinkedIn
Hoffeld Group Podcast
Conversation with LinkedIn Expert, Donna Serdula
Commercial Real Estate Show, with host, Michael Bull
Powerful LinkedIn Business Strategies
School for Startups Radio Show
Guest Expert, Donna Serdula
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can see my calendar and book a convenient time
Click here to schedule a convenient time for me to call you!
Here’s all sorts of stuff you might need from me:
Donna Serdula [sir-DEW-la] pioneered the concept of LinkedIn profile optimization and is the author of LinkedIn Profile Optimization For Dummies. Through her Website, LinkedIn-Makeover.com, Donna and her team of 40 writers, help thousands of LinkedIn users strategically write their profile in order to engage with their audience and grow their brand.
Donna Serdula pioneered the concept of LinkedIn profile optimization, realizing early on that the LinkedIn profile was so much more than just an online resume. The LinkedIn profile is an amazing opportunity for branding.
Donna spent the first 10 years of her career in sales, marketing, and training. She joined LinkedIn’s social network in 2005 where she promptly copied and pasted her resume and wondered what all the fuss was about. A job change in 2006 led her back to LinkedIn as she looked for tools to help her build a sales territory. It was during this time she had her LinkedIn epiphany and forged her LinkedIn profile methodology. By integrating LinkedIn into her sales process, she found amazing success.
In 2009, she walked away from her successful sales career and founded Vision Board Media and LinkedIn-Makeover.com. Her mission: To help people realize their Internet identity and shape one that makes an impact and leads to opportunity.
From that day on, Donna Serdula became the chief influencer, advocating and evangelizing the importance of taking control of your Internet identity. By presenting yourself in a way that inspires and builds confidence in your abilities, products, and services, you are shaping your future.
As the foremost expert in LinkedIn profile optimization, she’s proven that a strong LinkedIn Profile is the key to performing well on LinkedIn. Through her website LinkedIn-Makeover.com, Donna and her team of over 40 writers have helped thousands of executives, entrepreneurs, professionals, and companies from all over the world tell their unique story and brand themselves successfully.
Donna is an in demand speaker throughout the US and she has been featured on Business Insider, Time’s Money Section, Wall Street Journal’s Market Watch, LA Times, NBC, SiriusXM Radio’s The Focus Group, and many other news outlets.
Questions You Can Ask Me
You can ask me ANY question regarding LinkedIn and I will give you my no-holds-barred answer. But in case you are not sure what questions to ask, here’s a sampling:
- Tell me a bit about your journey as an entrepreneur and how you came to focus your business on LinkedIn profiles, rather than social media services in general.
- LinkedIn used to be considered a place to post your resume but it has changed and evolved overtime. What is today’s LinkedIn all about?
- Who should be on LinkedIn and why? What are some of the benefits of creating a LinkedIn presence for individuals and businesses?
- There are plenty of benefits for professionals using LinkedIn, but what would you say are the primary benefits from a INSERT AUDIENCE TYPE perspective?
- At this point, what does it say about a professional if you go to look them up on LinkedIn and you find out they don’t have a page?
- What are some of the common mistakes people make in writing their profile?
- What are some of the ways we can use LinkedIn beyond having a profile and maybe a business listing?
- LinkedIn offers both free and paid accounts – what are the pros and cons?
- Are there particular fields or industries where having a LinkedIn strategy is a must? What about any that would be out of place on LinkedIn?
- So many people find social media activity so overwhelming. The major platforms are all so different. Could you suggest a manageable way to approach working with LinkedIn to get the benefits without spending all your time on it?
- People tend to think of their LinkedIn as a personal experience, but what about company pages? Is it important, whether it be from the employee’s or the employer’s perspective, to make sure that there is a sort of unified look to the pages of colleagues in a company?
- What three steps could an individual take right after this interview that could improve their profile?
Questions Everyone has About LinkedIn
And here are the questions I get asked all the time. They are representative of the questions MOST people have… and I am ready with a pithy answer!
- Who should I connect with on LinkedIn?
- Should I connect to people I don’t know?
- What’s the point of having a large network on LinkedIn?
- How often should you update your LinkedIn profile?
- What is a LION?
- Should I only connect with people I know?
- Should I pay for LinkedIn?
- Should I connect with a competitor on LinkedIn?
- What’s the point of these darn endorsements?
- How can I get people to recommend me?
- Is the free version good enough or should I upgrade to a premium LinkedIn account?
- Should you document in between, stop gap jobs on your LinkedIn profile?
Rather than go back and forth trying to arrange a call, you can immediately schedule a time to talk with me below. If you use a calendar application, feel free to email me your scheduling link: donnaATLinkedIn-MakeoverDOTcom.