LinkedIn PresenterI was beyond thrilled to be asked to speak at The Leader’s Edge preeminent event, Women on Board on April 16, 2015. The event was attended by senior women executives interested in becoming members of for-profit and not-for-profit boards of directors. My part of the program had me presenting on the importance of creating a strong brand on LinkedIn. In order to collide with opportunity, one must present the right image and thus a strong LinkedIn profile is imperative.
The 2015 Women On Board program took place on April 15 & 16 and featured the following distinguished guest speakers:
- Bill McComb: Former Chief Executive Officer, Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (Kate Spade & Co.)
- Rosemarie Greco: Professional Board Director, Co-chair of Vision 2020, Drexel University
- Bill Strahan: EVP of Human Resources, Comcast Corporation
- Erin Essenmacher: Chief Programming Officer, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Donna Serdula: Author & LinkedIn Expert
- Lisabeth Marziello: CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Philadelphia
- Catherine Sohn: Professional Board Director, Adviser & Professor
The Women On Board event is a program designed exclusively for senior women executives interested in becoming members of for-profit and not-for-profit boards of directors.
Women On Board helps women prepare for board roles by providing information on the governance issues and challenges faced by boards today. Participants analyze their current experience for board readiness, work on the preparation and polishing of their credentials, and develop a personal marketing plan for attaining board positions. At the conclusion of the program, participants are registered with Diversified Search as candidates for future board positions.
The program features renowned guest speakers from the region’s leading companies, as well as experienced consultants from TLE/LBD and Diversified Search.
Women On Board is a stimulating two-day program. The program extensively covers the following topics:
- Responsibilities and Obligations of a Board Member
- What are Boards Looking For?
- Assessing Your Board Skills
- Getting Known By Those Who Count
- The Board Member Perspective
- Resources and Next Steps to Success
- The CEO Perspective
- Participants of Women On Board also:
- Receive a Personal Consultation to review qualifications
- Create a Personal Profile
- Review an Action Plan for next steps to success
This valuable program enhances the leadership position of the woman who attends, and benefits her company by positioning her for further leadership roles and opportunities.